Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Flaubert's Parrot

Not sure what I think about this book yet, but the chronologies were interesting to read. I liked how they separated the positive things from the bad things, then had Flaubert's personal accounts as a separate section as well. The first section shows life and the positive beginnings of things, while the second shows death and the end of things. I liked the way things were phrased in the third; "I am only a literary lizard basking the day away beneath the great sun of Beauty. Thats all." and "People are like food..." are my two favorites. Chapter 3 was full of metaphors, therefore I'm not so sure it could be considered most accurate. The first two chapters are probably more accurate because they are factual. It was interesting how it started off as a fiction, then broke that theme, and became a biography, and now in chapter 3, is back to being fiction.

4 comments:

Walker said...

good one alei, i really like your insights. ha

Sir BlogMastah OwnZalot said...

better than nothing walker gosh. You always gotta be so mean!!

Alei said...

woahhhh

David Lavender said...

Good post. Too busy just now with papers and all, but keep posting!