Tuesday, October 28, 2008

FLOWBEARS parROT

The chronology really gives us insight into why flaubert is such a bitter person. His life seems depressing and dull, filled with drinking and syphilis. This may explain his distaste for everything. As for chapter 3, Barnes, I feel, has made this whole account up out of thin air. After all this book is fiction, right? There isnt any symbolic meaning for anything in this chapter, Barnes was maybe just bored. At this point in the book I am still very confused, where the hell is this going? I guess I'll have to read on to see.

2 comments:

Marcus said...

I agree that it seems that this book is going nowhere. I hope we get some sort cohersive story out of it.

David Lavender said...

Where is it going, indeed! Glad at least it's giving you some insights into the source novel, Madame Bovary, and its author.