Wednesday, September 24, 2008

all happiness lost...

ok so a lot has happened in the last couple of chapters. To start off i dont blame Rochester for not telling Jane, I mean im not saying the whole thing was entirely right but i do believe that he should be able to live a happy and normal life. He shouldn't have to be tied down to his insane wife when there is nothing more he can do for her. I think its sad when Jane leaves because she really loved him, but she is trying to do the right thing. "My visions are all very well, but I must not forget they are both absolutely unreal." This just goes to show that Jane is in the right state of mind and is trying to be realistic about the whole situation. I waver back and forth in terms of if she should stay with Rochester and live a happy life where she can love and be loved or if she should move on and do the morally right thing. It takes a lot of courage on Janes part to leave Rochester and Adele and Mrs. Fairfax, that was in essence the only happiness she ever knew and for her to just walk away from that in hopes of a better life somewhere else was very risky. Even after Jane leaves it talks about how she is torn up in side, "It was a barbed arrow-head in my breast; it tore me when i tried to extract it." I feel bad for her but at the same time it was her decision. 

The events in the book definitely take a turn for the worst once Jane leaves Thornfield. Jane has no acquaintances no food and no where to sleep. this is a total bummer for Jane. Although, I feel pretty confident when i say that she will make it out of this hard time and good things are soon to come. 


1 comment:

David Lavender said...

I love how your posts manage to include such telling quotations drawn from the book. Great job. Keep reading, and let's see if your predictions bear out!