Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I knew something miraculous was going to happen, she followed the light to the house and sure enough there were people in it. I was kind of taken back by the fact that Hannah wouldnt let her in the house i mean i can sort of see why she wouldnt because Jane was like a beggar and all but at the same time she should have at least given her the chance to explain herself. It was very nice of John to bring her in and give her a chance to tell her story. I really like how she connects with the two sisters, it adds sort of another story into the whole bigger picture. I suspected from early on that there was something going on with John and Jane and just the whole situation in general. I just had this weird feeling that they were going to get together or something and sure enough he asked her to marry her, which might I add is after we find out that they are cousins. WEIRD!! Who would have thought that they were cousins all along and its also so crazy how they figure it out with the little piece of paper.

 I like Janes character, she is very outspoken and stands up for what she believes in so when she is overcome by John its really a bummer because she simply stops believing in what she thinks is right and she stops sticking up for herself. He kind of freaks me out, honestly why would you want to get married to your cousin. I have to say that in the beginning I liked him though, I thought him a very sensible man but i have def changed my mind. "I was with and equal" Jane says this about John which is NOT good because thats what she said about Rochester. I wish she would just snap out of this trans she is in and realize what she is doing. oh yea and where are the sisters through all this? do they know that their brother has just proposed to their cousin?

1 comment:

David Lavender said...

Nice post. I like how you're already starting to compare Rochester and St. John (potentially, a good essay topic), and I am impressed that this comparison is already starting to center on issues of "equality" (would St. John ever admit Jane to be his equal, the way Rochester has? Is this part of the problem with their relationship?). And what about passion--in this comparison, who has it, and who doesn't? Hmmm... keep thinking. I sense you're on a productive track.