Thursday, September 25, 2008

Romeo and Juliet?

Well this blog is a little behind my reading. Unfortunately it was on my computer for a while, but I never got around to posting it. Anyways, I was thinking late at night, which usually doesn't leave too many good ideas in my mind, but I was sensing some connection between this story and Romeo and Juliet. After all, don't writers draw on other good writers' works to support their own? It's more the back idea, than the front happenings, obviously it's not because they're from two different houses, and that their families are ripping each other to pieces and they've got some crazy ploy to fool them all. But it's more the idea of two people who fall in love with eachother, and are barred by some obstacle. Obviously this is a common theme for books, but I still found it more closely related, that two people who, should never in the first place love each other, finally fall in love, admit it to themselves, and everything is about to work out perfectly, when boom! Disaster strikes. Now family feuds and an already married man are different things, but they are both more human in nature, it's not like an ocean seperates them, but it's the laws and ideals of men, that say you cannot do this because 1) our families do not get along. 2) Because the law says it is wrong. Well reading back over it, it wasn't the best point to put in, but I'll go ahead and post it anyways.

No comments: