Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I think I am a chapter ahead....

I am pretty sure the class is supposed to be on Chapter 26 by tomorrow.... but I already read it!!! This is by far the most eventful Chapter. I definitely knew that Rochester was up to something. A WIFE??? A MAD WIFE???? So I guess Grace Poole isn't a crazy woman like I thought. The whole wife thing basically solved the Grace mystery. She doesn't actually sit arond and sew she takes care of the crazy Mrs. Rochester. I am not really sure what to think about Rochester at this point. If he truely loved and trusted her, he would have just told her. And Mr. Mason being the brother-in-law?!?! Whats the connection between Mr. Briggs, Mr. Mason, and Jane's uncle...? I wonder if she will ever find her uncle and be with him. If I was Jane I wouldn't know what to do about my engagment to Rochester at this point. He kept an enormous secret from her that can totally destroy their relationship. That SUCKS.

1 comment:

David Lavender said...

Yes...a big surprise (and, as you point out, a 'mystery-solving' one as well)--but now we've got a new "mystery" of sorts. What the heck is Jane going to do? What should she do?

And what about Bertha? Jane actually seems a little sympathetic toward her--should we be?