Friday, September 19, 2008

Poor Rochester

That last chapter made me so angry. I don't why Jane is so pessimistic. She just needs get over it. Rochester loves her and he doesn't think of her as a "mistress", he thinks of her as his bride. I just don't understand why she is so hung up on this. GET OVER IT. It's like she wants her life to suck and it will if she keeps throwing away all the good things. Her life could be so good if she just stayed with him and lived a nice little life in one of Rochester's many estates. It just frustrates me how stubborn she is.
On another note, i was completely thrown for a loop when it was revealed that Rochester's first wife went made and is living in the attic. I was so sure that Grace Pole was some homicidal maniac. I kinda feel bad for Rochester, I mean if you put yourself in his place it would kind of suck. Your first wife turn in a homicidal maniac that tries to kill you, and then further prevents you from marrying the love of your life. Poor Rochester was tricked into this marriage without knowing of the madness that runs in the family. I just feel bad for him.

2 comments:

David Lavender said...

I think Jane feels bad for him, too--but feels it's imperative that she stand up for her own principles (check out the foreshadowing in this regard contained in her conversation with Rochester around pages 310 and 311).

colors of the rainbow said...

so your saying if you were going to get married and you found out your wife had another husband you would just get over it...? i mean i agree that she was happy and she loved Rochester but thats kind of a rough thing to just get over.

i feel bad for Rochester it also makes me so sad that he has lost all happiness to this crazy girl