Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Response

Mrs Reed is dead. What a beautiful sentence to write. Last night as I read this, a since of happiness overcame me that has yet to happen while reading this novel. Poor Jane, everything just sucks for her. Her parents died, she if forced into awful school, what a horrible life. Luckily the death of the old women signals a change for Jane. When Mrs. Reed died, Jane was able to let go of a lot of negativity in her life. Although Mrs. Reed confessed to Jane that she told her Uncle that Jane died, I believe Jane somewhat came to peace with her old Aunt. I hope that Jane finds her family. But really, who is Grace Pole? And where is she all day? What does she do? And most importantly, where do the things she sows everyday go? It bothers me how Bronte can just pretend that these important characters out of the picture for a while. Although it could all be part of the greater picture. But also, are they getting married? I find it hard to believe personally. Although like I said before, with the death of Mrs. Reed Jane’s life seems to be going for the better, so this could be one of those things. Altogether, this book frustrates me so much. I just want to know about grace Pole. It’s all I can think about. Grace Pole. Who is Grace Pole?

6 comments:

Mackenzie Bronson said...

You must really hate Mrs. Reed....and I like the double spacing.

Katie Mallard said...

Marcus... this is a wonderful responce. I completely agree with you when you ask "Who is grace pole?" I HATE HER. She really freaks me out.

Mackenzie Bronson said...

Oh and by the way, this is how you spell 'Response'

Marcus said...

thanks there

Emily said...

I know what you mean about the characters, it would be nice to either stick to the romance, the mystery, or find a better median then she has.

David Lavender said...

Romance and mystery (cf. ebcolorado's comment) may soon conflate (and collide) in interesting ways, and the issue of Grace Poole may be cleared up sooner than you realize.

I'm concerned, though, that last night you were reading about Mrs. Reed's death. That means you're a hundred pages behind at least. Do try and catch up! I hate to have our discussion spoil your read.