Tuesday, September 16, 2008

RoChEsTeR GeTtIN It?

Rochester is a creep in my eyes but eveyone seems to be so fond of him, I want to know what his Error was. I think that he was somehow responsible for someones death in the past and it still haunts him. Jane seems to be into him which is really weird since he comes off as such a creep at first...... Maybe she likes that he is creepy, that may be what gets her going. I think they are goona get together and have a healthy happy relationship. If they do get together i think they will move somewhere foreign since he travels so much, it would be a cool twist if they got together and broke up when they move to a foreign place. Then she would have some more problems to deal with, not that she deserves it but i think it would be satisfying to the reader. This book has a lot of "curve balls" which i really like it makes me keep reading, the author here knew what was going on when this book was wrote..... out of time so check ya later dawg

3 comments:

Carl Schroedl said...

wow david i admire the fact you have a different opinion of Mr. Rochester than the norm. Im curious on how exactly your perception of Rochester became this way. I agree at times he does seem a little strange and creepy. Like when he cross dressed as a witch how weird is that. I also find it interesting that you made the prediction that he has a haunting past. I hope to learn more.

Jerry said...

I feel that he could be a Creep

David Lavender said...

I like this debate over Rochester and (as Carl points out, the way your assessment of him departs from the norm). I'm wondering: now that you've read ahead a bit (and discovered what his "capital error" was) do you find him less sympathetic, or more?

Good call on the foreign travel! This was certainly Rochester's fall back plan (run off with Jane, as mistress not wife, and take up residence in that white washed villa in the south of France).