Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Yea

I think that the sexual tension between Rochester and Jane has been slowly growing from the first moment that they meant. I think this makes the book have an interesting love story. It is very different from the run of the mill love tale about gorgeous people. It is about two people meant for each other even though it was not right for the times. Like Romeo and Juliette the are star crossed from the start, due to their class, looks, and professions. How this book differs from most love stories is what makes it a classic.

1 comment:

David Lavender said...

I like the allusion to "star-crossed lovers" (an appropriate one, I think), but I'd like to hear more about what you think makes this different from the run of the mill love story (and why, in turn, this difference makes the novel more readable). You've mentioned the fact that the principle protagonists aren't the typical "beautiful people"). You're right. But what else is there that distinguishes this love story from others? (And what, at the same time, is similar?). I think I see a good paper topic on the horizon!